Monday 13 January 2014

Change of Plans

So the whole mission trip thing has reaaaalllly slowed down. No details are set in stone yet, and quite honestly I'm not ready to have fundraisers where I tell people "I don't know where I'm going or when I'm going but there's a sort of plan to do a mission trip, wanna donate?" I know I wouldn't be convinced if someone said that to me. So for the fundraising project, I've worked on a fundraising letter that will just need the final details edited in and would be ready to distribute. I've also created a website with information! Sooooo over winter break, I decided to change my passion project! 

Now, I've decided to learn all about Coptic Iconography with the final goal of creating an icon myself! Many orthodox churches have unique icons in them. To me, those icons make a church so much more beautiful and appealing to the eye. Icons are "written" not "painted/drawn" because icons were originally used to tell a saint's life story or event without requiring the audience to read anything, as many people were illiterate when icons originated. There are beautiful icons in my church which inspired me to do this project and I've made some really good progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment